Monday, August 16, 2010

Happy Anniversary to Us!

As we've shared before, the past year presented some personal challenges that affected us to the core and shook the very foundation of our marriage. This anniversary we decided to renew our vows to each other in a casual private ceremony. We wanted to share this with you because we believe it is a testimony to how God can bring healing and restoration and new life, more abundant than ever before!

Here's a little slide show of the pics we took (with help from the delay timer and a gorillapod) put to a song by Dave Barnes "God Gave Me You".



9 years ago, I pledged my commitment to you with all my heart.
I offered myself to you with all my strengths and weaknesses.
I told you I would love you enough to risk being hurt,
That I would trust you, even when I don’t understand.
I promised to try to see you as God sees you, and to put my faith in Him to help our marriage grow.

Since that day, you have been by my side as we created a family
and so many beautiful memories together.
Our friendship has grown deeper and even more comforting.
Being parents together has been an adventure and watching you be a mommy/daddy
Makes me cherish you even more.

Together we’ve also encountered our share of challenges
And the vows we made have collided with the realities of life.
I acknowledge that I have not always done what I promised to you
and I regret the ways I have hurt you.

Now we have endured a storm, and we stand together, triumphant,
And more confident than ever, in our love for each other,
A living example, to ourselves and others,
Of God’s merciful forgiveness and enduring love.

Today, in the presence of God and surrounded by His beautiful creation,
Having more knowledge of myself and a better understanding of who you are,
I want to reaffirm my love and commitment to you.

I
do love you enough to risk being hurt, and I do trust you.
I
adore the way you look through God’s eyes,
And I am
confident He will continue to help our marriage grow.

6 comments:

Jeremy, Erin, Ella, & Judah said...

What an awesome testimony of God's goodness! I loved watching it!

Anonymous said...

I love you guys so much! I am SO totally super proud of both of you. This posting and slide show had me sobbing, not just a few tears, but truly sobbing. I am so grateful for what God has done and the beauty of restoration. You are both very special to me and I know you have worked very hard together for this healing. Thank you, Jesus, for what you can do in our hearts and lives.
Lots and lots of love,
Carolynne

Andrea Sears said...

This is beautiful and a work of God's grace through you two, to each other! Thanks for sharing it!

Unknown said...

Hola Pablo y Jamie, qué gusto tener buenas noticias de ustedes, damos gracias a Dios por la restauración de su matrimonio y seguimos orando para que Dios los siga guiando por sus caminos, que son caminos de bien como dice su palabra. Muy linda la presentación. Un fuerte abrazo y mil bendiciones. Marvin y Cris Ballet Magnificat-Costa Rica

Emily Mitten said...

What beautiful words to express the sentiments of your hearts. Very excited to see what the love of God can do!!! I am so happy for you both and wish that I could see you in person. Much love,
Emily

jason and lindsey said...

loved the pictures!!! you guys did an amazing job with those! they are beautiful! and the message behind them is even more beautiful! it was good for me to see your smiles! congrats on 9+ years together! thanks for sharing! ~lindsey